So . . . what do I do, in 25 words or less?
I help cultural organisations* connect with their audiences.
I do this by . . .
* Helping institutions see themselves through the eyes of a visitor (visitor experience audits)
* Facilitating inspiring staff development workshops
* Writing clear, accessible text for exhibit labels, signage, brochures and graphics
* Planning and conducting audience research and exhibit evaluation
* Developing plans and strategies that find order in the chaos of ideas and possibilities
The main way I do this is as Director of Interactivate, a research and creative consultancy that specialises in museums and cultural heritage.
*N.B. I use ‘cultural organisations’ as a catch-all for museums, science centres, visitor attractions, botanic gardens, national parks, historic sites . . . pretty much anywhere that has a story to tell and visitors to tell it to.